Monday 21 May 2012

British Special Day

Hey, made this card today...love the new Olympic things :) And love the coin I found in my stash! (yes mine not mums!)

I coloured this Penny Black image with promarkers and copics pens. I cut it into a Go Kreate's rectangular frame Frilly #1 and edged it with blue ink. I cut a backing paper from the Forever Friends Best of British Designstax for the base of the card. I also edged the edge of the base card with blue ink. I stuck the image to one side and a sentiment on the other. I backed the 'On Your Special Day' sentiment with red card and raised it with foam tape. I used red ribbon with white lace on top across the bottom of the card and attached round silver and heart red gems alternately. I then embellished the card with a red bow on the image. I embossed an arrow with Cosmic Shimmer Tropic Aqua Blaze embossing powder and attached that under the bottom of the sentiment. To finish, I stuck on a coin and two buttons from the Papermanic Portobello Road WW1 mini buttons set.
I would like to enter this challenge in the following challenges: -

15 comments:

  1. Think this card is amazing. Love the coin with the Queen on - just right for a throughly British card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, this is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us in The Crafty Pad Bingo Challenge this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kathryn, I love that image.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super image especially for this fabulously patriotic year. Love the lace and the little bling hearts, and the coinage is great, a lovely card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Kat, nice to see you using your own stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card for your theme Kathryn.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Stampalot challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project and just perfect for our patriotic challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card and perfect for our theme this month. Thank you for joining the challenge at Penny Black and More.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and fun image. Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card with that great stamp I love!
    Beautiful colouring and the coin is fab!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and more,
    good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, the busload of critters is so cute! i like how you framed the sentiment and i love the background paper. thank you for playing along again with our london celebrates theme this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - love the stamp, thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts, good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! Love that image :) I am pleased you joined us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week for our Bingo! challenge. The best of luck in the prize draw.
    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Penny black & More @ Allsorts challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny Black images are some of my fave too I love this one thanks for joining us at Di's Digi's hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete