Sunday 13 May 2012

25th Wedding Anniversary

Hey, made this card for my aunty and uncle; hope they like it!!! Really enjoyed making this card :)
I started by choosing three pieces of card to use for the book and the stand. I used an easel book template from www.houseofzandra.co.uk. I cut out the pieces and stuck the pages together, raising the edges of the smallest page with foam tape. I then stamped 'Mr & Mrs' from the Forever Friends Going to the Chapel clear stamp set and embossed it with detail clear embossing powder. I stamped and edged this with Versamagic turquoise gem ink. I used another plaque the same size and stamped 'date' and 'event' using Studio G clear stamps. I then filled in the details using peel offs. I then used Tim Coffey die cut stickers to put 'Wesley' across the bottom of the page.
I then attatched the pages to the stand and added a peel off across the top of the largest page and the bottom of the stand. I added a 'Congratulations' sentiment edged with silver card and raised with foam tape to act as a stopper for the pages to stand against. I then added two metal heart embellishments and a flower to the stand base. To finish, I used Hobby House pins with small silver beads, turquoise and white flowers and silver leaves to make the card extra fancy. Very pleased with the result and a fun project to complete :)
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: -

13 comments:

  1. It's lovely Kat, they're gonna love it and congratulations on your top 3 at Winter Wonderland xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tehe thank youuuu :) bad mum for beating me!!! :p

      Delete
  2. I didnt beat you - mine was random. So pleased for you your designs are amazing. Just love this Silver Wedding anniversary card hope mine and dads is even better in september xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they will love this for sure...I love how it "reads" like a book...very clever! Thank you for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew Sentiment Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Aunt and Uncle will love their card. What a lot of detail and embellishment. I love the colour.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fashionista this month. Good Luck with the Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh just love how you have put this together, and the colour combination is great, I am sure they will really treasure this personalised creation
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous .Thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is outstanding. I love this so much.

    We would like to thank you for Entering Whimsy Stamps inspirations Challenge.

    We hope to see you back next week. Winner will be announced Wed.
    Best of Luck Always,

    Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Whimsy Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great projects. The couple will be ecstatic. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation, great idea! Thanks for joining us at EKEF!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love your flowers!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week. Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very beautiful and original card! Thanks for joining our Sentiment challenge at CCC and good luck! Ani
    P.S. I have a blog candy if you're interested
    http://beautifulworld-ani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Fashionista.
    Hugs Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete