Friday 10 August 2012

Watermelon Birthday

Hey, here is a card I made for the Little Red Wagon challenge using a watermelon picture as inspiration. I have had this Sarah Kay image for about a year and never used it so i'm very pleased to have found a challenge which fits it so fully.
Firstly, I stamped the image and coloured it using copics markers. I then rounded the corners with a corner punch and edged the image using pale green ink. I then cut a pink backing for the image using one of mums dies.
Next, I edged my backing card with pale pink ink and backed it with darker green paper. I then used pale pink and pale green papers ontop of the green backing. I used a butterfly punch down the edge of the pink paper which I emphasised with pink ink and attached green spotty ribbon down the join of the two papers.
I found an 'On Your Birthday' sentiment which I cut a second backing circle for and inked pink. I then hung a leaf charm off the sentiment. I cut two pink butterflies from the Cheery Lynn designs exotic butterfly die cut set; I then embossed one with pink and green embossing powders and layered them ontop of each other with a pink gem in the centre. For the flowers and leaves, I used the Marianne Creatables, Tim Holtz Alterations and Joy Craft Floral Flourishes die cut sets. I inked these up with green and pink inks, curved the petals and layered them up with a small flower brad in the centre. I added three little flowers to the top of the sentiment with a small round brad in and to finish, I added a pink gem to the corners of the green backing.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: -
little red wagon - watermelon
crop stop - fruitalicious
always crafting - food
incy wincy designs - sugar and spice
love to create challenge - punches and dies
simon says stamps challenge - bingo
tuesday alchemy - bingo
pile it on challenge - add some metal
cute daisy may - die cuts and punches
divas by design challenge - female
by the cute and girly - fruity
trimmies craft challenge - add a charm


13 comments:

  1. Love this card! It is full of colors and this butterfly is so lovely!

    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and hope to see your lovely creations next week too!

    Hugs, DT Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just beautiful! All of your details are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty card, lovely die cut embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable
    Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Your coloring is perfect and that butterfly is GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing along in the Bingo challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! The image is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Crop Stop Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. Thanks for playing with us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining our CropStop Fruitalicious Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite stamps! Thanks for playing along with us at Incy Wincy Designs!

    Myrto

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Kathryn I love all your details the butterflies are gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing with the Diva's this weeks 'Female' challenge
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy.
    Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. So much to look at. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks gorgeous. What a sweet image & I love the gorgeous dies. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete