Sunday 19 August 2012

Everyone Deserves A Fairytale

Hey, here is a card I made with a new stamp from my birthday; it is called Lucy by Kraftin Kimmie Stamps. I made this card with Shabby Tearoom challenge in mind.
I stamped the image in black and coloured her using promarker and copics pens. I also stamped and coloured two little books to add extra. I then cut her into a rounded boarder and inked the edge aqua.
I decided to make an easel card, so after folding the backing so the front stands up, I chose my papers. I backed the card with pink flowers paper and mounted the image on aqua paper. I inked round the edge of the baking card with pale pink ink and edged the papers with pink and aqua respectively. I then built up two flowers for opposite corners with pink and aqua flowers, in the centre of which I mounted a book. To finish the front, I added two sticky swirls which I topped with dark pink, aqua and pale pink velvet crush; I topped these off with rainbow drops.
I then worked on the flat base of my card; I backed it with pale pink card which I edged aqua. I cut out my 'Everyone Deserves A Fairytale' headline and inked this pale pink and aqua. I mounted it on pink, aqua and cream patterned papers and added a crushed velvet strip along the bottom of the pink backing; I then raised this onto the pink backing paper. I added two rainbow drops to the top corners of the pink backing so the front of my card has them to sit against when stood up. I added three more crushed velvet swirls and two flowers to make the base more exciting and finally attached both pieces together. Lovely :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: -
the shabby tea room - for the love of books
sassy cheryls challenge - fav colour combo
wags n whiskers rubber stamps - fav colour combo
ready teddy go - anything goes
word art wednesday - word art wednesday
house of gilli - add sentiment

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn: I'm SO blessed that you were able to link up and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. Your card is super adorable, and I love the image you used. Thanks for blessing us with your lovely art, and PLEASE come back and join us again. What a treat it is to see your gorgeous cards.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous and I love the sentiment. Your design is lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER darling and I LOVE the KK stamp. You did an amazing job on your lovely card.
    Thanks for playing in the FAVORITE COLOR COMBO challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete