Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Happy 50th Birthday Saavy!

Hey, here is my Dad's 50th Pirate themed Birthday card (he loves Pirate of the Caribbean). I made it this morning as I thought I should probably get a move on as his Birthday is on Saturday!...Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started by colouring the image in with my promarkers and edging it with black ink. I backed this image with two different brown papers. I edged the backing card with brown ink and covered it with a creamy browny paper.
For the map backing, I printed a map onto printable fabric and stuck this onto card. I then used matches burnt two of the sides to give it a piraty effect! I edged the other two side with black ink to match the burnt sides. I attached this onto the backing card and attached my image on the right side of the card. I then used gold chipboard letters to spell DAD in the bottom left of the card. I stick 50! onto cream card and daubed the card brown; I raised this up onto the top left side of the card. To finish, I raised a skull and crossbones overlapped onto the 50! and attached a brad into the top corner of the image.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: -
promarker challenge - man/youth
charisma cardz - for a guy
red carpet studio challenge - disney challenge
crafty anns challenge - inspired by a film - Pirates of the Caribbean
crafty mess challenge - distressed/aged
oldie but a goodie challenge - inspired by a song

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful Pirate's card. Nice character who reminds me Jack Sparrow. Good work ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Kat, love the burnt map. I can see him doing his Captain Jack walk when he opens this, lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing - Dad is going to love it. The map looks fantastic and your colouring is great. Can't wait to see him open it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. I adore this.
    Thanks for Joining us at RCS
    LDT Member

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab creation! Thanks for joining in our For the Guys challenge this week at Charisma!! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome card...love all the details! Thank you for playing at Red Carpet Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful card, I to love Pirates of the Caribbean, Jack Sparrow in particular!!!! May I ask where the image is from?? Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! I love it:P Everything on it looks fantastic.Thanks for joining us at RCS.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever! Never tried the buring technique but I see it is very effective. Love it!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Craftymess and joining in our challenge.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Really a great card for a boy. Love the image and your coloring is fab. Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Kathryn. One totally awesome card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Red Carpet Studio

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with this card. The pirates is one of my favorite ride. Great job. Thanks for playing at RCS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card, love all the detail. I am sure he will love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is just DARLING! I saw that you were selected as Top 3 with this one at Red Carpet Studio. Great job, Kathryn. I'm up for an award there right now, and really need some votes. If you get a moment, would you please go to Red Carpet Studio and in their right-hand sidebar, under the category Punny Card Projects, please vote for Karen. I will do the same when your name comes up for the award in the next voting session. I need all the help I can get, so anyone who is willing - please vote for me (Karen).
    My mother-in-law is a HUGE Johnny Depp/Pirates fan, and I printed this off to show her (she doesn't have a computer...can you believe that? LOL) and she thought it was darling.
    Thanks for letting me chew your ear a bit, and I'd really appreciate your help.
    Keep making these fun cards.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh what a fab card and great choice of song title .. Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete